Saturday 19 July 2008

Lykke Li


I'm pretty much in love with Lykke Li. She is my favourite Swede (which says a lot as I do generally feel that Scandinavians are a step up on the genetic, social and sartorial scale). Her voice hits an improbable pitch of sugary sweet and hauntingly nostalgic and every girl I know who has seen her photograph has attempted to copy her hairstyle (including myself, even though I know it looks awful). Additionally, this blog is named after her debut album, which is addictive, even about three months after I first heard it. I can't wait to see her perform at Bestival in September, and hopefully make best friends with her. She is also doing a serious British tour this autumn, which I'm sure will make her very popular. 










Her video for Little Bit (the first song of hers I ever heard, thanks again to my music source Robin)

No comments: