Wednesday 9 July 2008

Haider Ackermann


I only discovered Haider Ackermann recently, but looking at his previous collections makes me think that he has been designing especially for me. Despite some very sunny weather I have not overcome my aversion to bright colours; I haven't worn anything that isn't black, grey, navy or skin coloured for at least 6 months. If I'm feeling chirpy I'll wear something in dirty pink (see the trousers two photos down) with a sliver of white.

Additionally, despite promising myself that I wouldn't buy any new clothes for at least a month (when I get paid, but more importantly when my 25% discount kicks in) I bought some black linen hareem pants, having decided that my life would probably end if they sold out, so I'm glad to see that I might not be the only one wearing them (although in Cambridge... I probably will.)









This is my favourite overall look. I am going to have to buy some more shiny leggings now as well as a replacement large black scarf to replace the one I probably left in a lecture at some point over the last 3 years.





(images from style.com)
I would never wear this, but I appreciate the idea of winter white and the contrasting textures are beautiful (something I have a feeling I'll be going on about a little too much in this blog.)

No comments: