Wednesday 7 January 2009

Undergrowth Design


 

 

 

 

I'm about to move into my first post-student house with three friends. We are all quite house proud, a bit girlie (not in a sugary pink way so much as a fresh flowers and cups of tea way) and our home is going to be a beautiful picture of shabby-chic. Preferrably with log fires, although this is bound to be a long shot in the London rental market. I've never been particularly interested in crockery or homeware (usually my weekly university budget gave clothes precedence over food, so pretty dishes were not even on my radar). However, I have found myself lately going into kitsch cooking shops and dreaming about the Emma Bridgewater pirate dishes, and when I saw these designs from Undergrowth I thought I'd died and gone to heaven (except that they are sooooo expensive). I would rather eat raw vegetables than turn on an oven, but that cake stand would make me take up professional baking. Click the title link to see an interesting bio of Tina Tsang (a Central St. Martins graduate- obviously) and some naughty retro underwear and accessories.

No comments: