Saturday 15 November 2008

PJ Harvey


I have a feeling that I've linked to this song before, but probably when I averaged two readers a day, so here it is again. I know that White Chalk was released last year, but it's something I like to return to a lot, especially now that the trees are bare and everything is covered in frost. PJ Harvey has transformed from a rock diva to a puff sleeved, wailing recluse (I mean this in the best possible way.) Contrast the song above, from her 2007 album, to the video below, from 2000's 'Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea.' I much prefer her reinvention to, say, Madonna's- a female who evidently believes the passing sands of time give her the right to reveal more and more of her grisly pubic bone. Not that I would ever ask beautiful Polly Jean to cover up... I look forward to her next incarnation.








"Good Fortune"

No comments: