Saturday 26 June 2010

Rare Bird of Fashion

Friends, readers, loved ones... It's my 23rd birthday on 9th August, I've just landed my dream PR job and I think I deserve a treat. I'd like to request a copy of this book. Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel chronicles part of the amazing clothing and accessory collection of one of New York's most iconic women.


Official blurb:

A true original: this lavishly photographed book captures the style of American fashion maverick Iris Apfel, who, over the past forty years, has cultivated a personal chic that is exuberantly idiosyncratic. Combining genres, colours, textures and patterns without regard to period, provenance or, ultimately, aesthetic convention, she is one of the few style icons of our time. Here, in over ninety sumptuous colour plates, Eric Boman shows off a selection of her extraordinary outfits on wittily posed mannequins.


Now for your viewing pleasure - a few shots of the icon in action:










4 comments:

Style Stars said...

wow she has great style!

xx

youareashootingstar.blogspot.com

K A T H L E E N said...

love her! come follow me http://www.fashioniceice.blogspot.com xoxo

Jenyfurrxo said...

Her jewelry is so huge for being so tiny and frail looking!

Alice Tollbring said...

this is such a good blog.
love all the pictures!