Monday 1 June 2009

Sugar sugar










<









Maria Bantjes is so cool. She created these images from sugar for Stefan Sagmeister's book, 'Things I Have Learned in my Life so Far'. Her comissions are really diverse, and can be seen on her website. My favourite are the drawings she did that were re-interpreted by designers for Saks into really high end jewellery. I don't usually do this, but here is how she describes her own work:

'This is really hard, and I hate doing it. I sometimes say “graphic artist” but it usually requires more descriptors like “A lot of custom lettering, ornament, sometimes patterns … a graphic designer but also an illustrator of sorts; a typographer.” Confusing enough?'

2 comments:

eleven swans said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2009/may/26/simon-schubert-paper-art?picture=347933335

this reminded me a little of this.
probably due to the use of white material to great effect.

rachie said...

hannah that's awesome! x